Sunday 5 August 2007

First post for the month of August! I deserve a prize don't I? =)

Just share a Word that touched my heart today. It's from Psalm 57. Bible says that David was fleeing from Saul and he was hiding in a cave when he wrote this psalm.
Psalm 57 : 4, 6
My soul is among lions;
I lie among the sons of men
Who are set on fire,
Whose teeth are spears and arrows,
And their tongue a sharp sword.
They have prepared a net for my steps;
My soul is bowed down;

David was going through a hard time. He was in the valley at this point in time. King Saul was after his life, servants of Saul (probably people whom David knew as friends) were betraying David by reporting his location to their king, David had to run around looking for places to hide from those who were seeking his life and one of those places is this dark, cold, smelly, dirty, small little cave. You know I've been to many outfield exercises before and I've slept or rested in just about any kind of terrain. Swamps, thick jungles, banks of rivers. I can tell you that it's terribly uncomfortable (an understatement) and I suppose sleeping in a cave is no different, if not worse.
He was among lions, lions which were all ready to pounce on him and devour him. The place he called home was this cave he was hiding in. He was probably alone in that cave, forsaken by people around him. He was oppressed on every side. His soul was bowed down.
Yet, what was his response?

Psalm 57 : 7-8
My heart is steadfast, O God, my
heart is steadfast;
I will sing and give praise.
Awake, my glory!
Awake, lute and harp!
I will awaken the dawn

My heart is steadfast, O God. Even if the waves come crashing in, even if the floods overwhelm me, know, O God, that my heart will be unwavering. My lips will not seize praising Your holy name. I will sing of Your mercies forever and with my mouth I will make Your faithfulness known to all generations.

Get my point? =)

Have a blessed week ahead. Looking forward to seeing you guys again.