Sunday 28 October 2007

"In all your getting, get wisdom."
my sister told me this sentence and got me thinking about what really is wisdom.
anyhow, i was simply thinking about it.
and when i asked around for opinion, someone told me this.
"wisdom is anointed common sense".
not exactly the answer i was looking for.
i was thinking, wisdom probably has something to do with being able to deal with people's emotions.
but i havent exactly get the gist of it.
when i was conversing with my sister one night,
she was telling me that wisdom is somewhat like an uncovered curtain.
so she gave me an analogy.
she said that normal people can only see the curtain when they step into this certain room.
you only attain wisdom when God choose to unveil the curtain and let you see whats beyond it.
i agree.
my opinion: wisdom is definitely not pragmatism, neither is it simply logic or intellect.
could wisdom be the ability to look into the long term goal even if in the short term, others might think its stupidity?
what do you guys think?