Saturday 22 September 2007

Hey Yaohui, it's so good to see you visiting our cellgroup blog. Hahaz. If you wish, approach Peggie, our wonderful blog administrator, for access so you can post on the blog also. Please bu yao ke qi.

'Unite our hearts to fear Your name' actually came from Psalms 86 : 11. It says ' Unite my heart to fear Your name.' I believe it means every part of the heart coming under the authority of God. And personally I think that every part of the heart is equivalent to every part of one's life that means something to one's heart. So it kinda means that whatever that is dear to us, our relationships, our finances, our interests etc, we submit them to God. And in that sense, we can also say that we cause our whole heart to be focused on God and His kingdom. Hahaz. I believe Bingren will be able to explain it much more better than me bah.

One interesting fact. I did a bible search on G4C just now to find this verse. And I realise that the word 'Unite' appears in the whole bible only ONCE. So can I say of all the things we wish to see unity in, the first and the most important thing we have to 'unite' is the heart? Hahaz. Even now I'm reminded of a verse Bingren shared in CG today. Revelations 3 : 15-16 'I know your works, that you are neither cold or hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you our of My mouth.' So indeed let's not be lukewarm (and of course not cold) towards God. But unite our hearts to fear the Lord.

Cheers!
Fookai